ISO 27001 Information Security Certification
ISO 27001 Standard is an Information Security Management System. The main objective of this standard is the organization shall establish, implement and maintain the information security system within the organization. Evaluate the information security Risk at each stage of operation and take the necessary action to reduce the information security Risk within the organization. In common business practice the ISO 27001 standard is also referred as ISMS standard.
The summarized requirement details of ISO 27001 are given below :
Context of the organization
The organization shall identify the internal and external issue related to information security, including the legal, regulatory and contractual requirements. Determining the scope of information security management system and establishing the information security management system.
The top management of the organization demonstrates the leadership and commitments towards information security management system. Set up the Information security policy and delegate role, responsibility, Authority and accountability of all concern with the organization.
Determination of Information security Risk, establishing the Risk assessment criteria and Information security Risk assessment, establishing the action plan to control the information security Risk.
The organization shall provide the resources needed for establishing, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of information security management system. Determination of Competence of all the concern within the organization. Providing training to the concern person and established the communication system within the organization and interested party in relation with information security. Established, implement and maintain the document related to Information security management system.
Establish the operational control for information security management system.
Evaluate the performance of information security management system by Internal Audit and Management review meeting at planned interval.
Review of improvement of Information security management system, through reviewing the effectiveness of CAPA take against Non conformity and identifying the potential continual improvement in information security management system.
Benefits of ISO 27001 / ISMS Certification
- Reduce the Business Risk and improve the Business Performance.
- Improve the Legal, Regulatory and contractual compliance.
- Reputation enhancement among stake holders, interested party and customer.
- Reduce the operational cost.
- Improve the business potential among the competitor
- Overall Improvement of organization reputation in the market.
- Business opportunity improved
How to get ISMS Certification - The Applicant organization shall ensure the followings prior to Informantion security Certification (Information Security Management System Certification)
- Organization has implemented the Information Security Management System (ISMS) in the organization as per the requirements of ISO 27001 standard. Established the Scope of ISMS and Identify the Applicability of ISMS Scope, ISMS Policy, ISMS Quality Manual, relevant procedures, ISMS Risk Identification and ISMS Risk assessment and its control.
- Conducted one complete cycle Information security Management System (ISMS) Internal Audit.
- Conducted at least one Management review meeting on Information Security Management System.
- Identify the context of the organization external and internal issue related to information security.
- Procedures and controls in support of the ISMS
- ISMS Risk assessment methodology
- ISMS Risk assessment report
- ISMS Risk treatment plan
- Legal or regulatory requirements and contractual obligations in relation with information security.
ISO 27001 Certification - Information Security Management System Certification Process
- Application review and contract Sign up between OSS and applicant organization.
- Stage-1 Audit
- Stage-2 Audit.
- Certification decision
- Issue of certificate.
- Surveillance audit (annually or Half yearly as finalized during application review process and agreed by client).
- Re-Certification Audit (within three years before expiry of certificate).