When an organization chooses more than one standards for implementation together is known as Integrated Management. In which organization integrates two or three or more management system standards together for implementation in the organization. During the implementation of the integrated management system organization shall have one Quality Manual integrated with two or three or more standards together. The common business practice for integrated management system implementation or certification is ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 or ISO 9001, ISO 14001 , ISO 45100 or ISO 9001 & ISO 22000 or ISO 9001 & ISO 27001. The Audit and certification of an integrated management system are known as integrated management system certification.
The summarized requirement details of Integrated Management System Certification are given below :
Benefits Of Integrated Management System Certification
- One quality Manual.
- Common Internal Audit – with the integration of requirements of all standards.
- Common Management Review Meeting.
- Less time for the development of documentation and implementation.
- Less Audit time as compare to individual management system certification.
- Common audit report.
- Duplication effort reduced during implementation
Applicant Organization Shall Ensure The Followings Prior To Integrated Management System Certification
- Implementation of the Integrated Management System in the organization. Established the Integrated System Manual, relevant procedures, and SOP’s.
- Conducted one complete cycle of the Integrated Management System Internal Audit.
- Conducted at Least One Management Review Meeting on Integrated Management System.
- Applicable Legal / Regulatory /other requirements related to the integrated management system have been identified and compliance has been established.
Integrated Management System Certification Process
- Application review and contract sign up between OSS and applicant organization.
- Stage-1 Audit.
- Stage-2 Audit.
- Certification decision
- Issue of certificate.
- Surveillance audit (annually or Half-yearly as finalized during the application review process and agreed by the client).
- Re-Certification Audit (within three years before the expiry of certificate).