How the Small organization can get benefits after implementation of Quality Management System in the organization
India is a very big Country where Small organization MSME contribute great value to Indian Economy of GDP. If we support to further enhancement of the process / Practices of MSME / Small organization. Which can help these small organization to grow and build the credibility, Improve the Overall performance, Enhance the Productivity within the Limited infrastructure and resources.
In view to make awareness to MSME / Small organization about Quality Management System. and How this Standard can help to MSME / Small organization, when the organization adopt for Implementation.
We have Provided Following information, hope this could help these organization for further improvements.
Overview on ISO 9001:2015 –
ISO 9001:2015 is the new version of Quality Management System that replaces and cancels ISO 9001:2008. It helps organizations to consistently provide its product/s, or services, it facilitates opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction, to comply with the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and helps to demonstrate the product conformity and improve its overall performance and provide a sound basis for sustainable development initiatives.
ISO 9001 i.e. QMS (Quality Management System) enables the process approach that incorporates PDCA cycles i.e. Plan-Do-Check-Act which helps an organization to plan its processes and their interactions. PDCA cycle enables to ensure organizational processes are adequately managed and further ensures opportunities for improvement are determined.
Its Risk based thinking enables an organization to determine the factors those could cause its processes and management system performance to differentiate from its planned results. Addressing needs and expectations and consistently meeting the requirements imposes challenges for organizations continual improvement
It helps organization to achieve intended outcome that provide value for the product / services, the organization itself, and interested parties.
ISO 9001 for Small Scale Industry
The Standard requires the organization to identify the internal and external issues relevant to the Quality Management System, To address needs and expectations of interested parties, here interested parties are those which can affect or perceive to be affected by a decision or activity of the organization e.g. Customers, communities, suppliers, regulators, non-governmental organizations, investors and employees, etc.
While Enhancing Quality Performance of the organization, it needs to develop documented information on Quality Management System that include Policy and Procedures, Objectives, applicable legal compliance, control plans, internal audit and management review records
QMS is the set of policies, procedures, processes those are required for planning and execution of product / services. It supports the structured way of delivering quality product / services is supported by documented information.
Key requirements of this standard –
- Quality Manual and procedures
- Quality Policy
- Forms and formats supporting organizations relevant processes to ensure their effectiveness for the product / process conformity
- Scope and Statement of applicability of QMS
- Risk register along with mitigation plan on identified issues
- Needs and expectations of interested parties
- Appointment of team leader
- Maintenance plan
- Calibration plan
- Competence matrix, Competence evaluation, Training plan, its attendance and effectiveness verification
- Master list of documents and records and its accessibility, verification, changes and controls
- Communication procedure Internal and external
- Operational control plans, Work Instructions / Quality plan
- Determination of customer requirements through Customer specifications / work orders / Agreements, its review and acceptance
- Design and development (If Applicable) planning, inputs to the design, Design review and verification, Design validation, Output of design and changes in design / revisions
- Purchase procedures, supplier list and their evaluation / assessment
- Outsourced processes and its control, Material Inward inspection and verification
- Production planning, Monitoring reports
- Product Inspection report, Rework / rejection register and its correction and corrective action
- Internal audit plan, audit summary record, Noncompliance document and its corrective and preventive action.
- Management review record
- Objective monitoring record
- Continual improvement plan
- Correction and corrective actions
Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification –
Consistent output and performance delivery
Facilitates opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction
Promotes Compliance to applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
Support systematic approach to optimize the business opportunities, product quality, customer satisfaction
Minimized process or product lapses
Improved reporting and communication,
Globally known practice adopted by the organization,
Product / process compliance,
How to Implement Quality Management System in the Organization
- Top Management commitment to resource provision, ensuring integration of the standard requirements into its business processes, supporting to relevant roles of the organizations to demonstrate their leadership and its application to their core areas.
- Provide trainings within organization to improve the skills of employees along with ISO awareness
- Implementation of documented information and verification of its effectiveness and control
- Complying applicable legal requirements that organization access
- Conducting internal audit and management reviews and fulfilling / minimizing non compliances that are observed
How much it cost to get ISO 9001 certification?
Costing of ISO 9001 certification depends upon organizations size, its understanding, its complexity, and certifications cost comprising ISO registration/application fees, Stage 1 / document review fees, Stage 2 / Certification audit fees and thereafter surveillance charges that will be conducted after 12 and 24 months after the initial ISO certification of the organization.
Organization can contact ISO Certification Body to get Certification.
ISO 9001 Certification process –
Organizations going for ISO 9001 certification first needs to implement the standard within the organization, conduct the internal audit and management reviews, close all internal findings that are observed during the internal audit, comply with the applicable legal requirements and then apply for ISO 9001 certification to the accredited certification body. Get Stage 1 and 2 audits done and close audit findings if any and get the ISO 9001 certification. Thereafter conduct a surveillance audit as per stipulated time and get the ISO certificate renewals.