ISO Certification in Kanpur
ISO certification in Kanpur and its industrial sectors, the information on the different types of ISO certification schemes are provided below, as appropriate for the purpose of the industrial sector-wise specified management system.
ISO Certification Services in Kanpur
QMS (ISO 9001) – Quality Management System
- This is applicable to all kinds of organizations. This is Management System standard focusing the customer satisfaction, process/product conformity and overall quality perspective of the organization to consistently perform and continually improve based on a framework provided by the standard
EMS (ISO 14001) – Environment Management System
- This is applicable to all kinds of organizations. This is a Management system standard focusing on Environment pollution, resource depletion, and environmental protection that may get harm due to organizational process activities, product handling, and usage. The theme of the standard is to protect the environment and surroundings of the organization to consistently perform.
FSMS (ISO 22000) – Food Safety Management System
- This is applicable to the organizations engaged in the food chain. This is a Management System standard that focusing on safe food products right from its processing – manufacturing – handling – packaging – transporting and sale of the product by an organization. This is all about food safety to consistently perform and continually improve based on the framework provided by the standard
ISMS (ISO 27000) – Information Security Management System
- This is applicable to IT sector or Software Industry or BPO /KPO, Complex Process Industry, Govt. Organization, Public sector Organization, Defense organization – where information security required. This is the Management System standard that focusing on information security, data security. This is all about information security to consistently perform and continually improve by doing Risk analysis and effective implementation of ISO 27001 Controls -based on the framework provided by the standard.
OHSMS (ISO 45001) – Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- This is applicable to all kinds of organizations. This is a Management System standard focusing on personnel safety within organizational activities that may harm or can cause injury or fatal risk to the persons associated with the activities. It is all about the safety and health of the personnel associated/engaged with the organization
Before applying for ISO Certification, the organization needs to know
- the need for certification
- which standard certification,
- Standard requirements and its compliances and methodology for certification.
The stages of ISO Certification
- Standard Implementation that includes Resource provision, Allotment of Team Leader deploying responsibilities for effective specified management system establishment and maintenance, conducting gap analysis, Creating and updating effective documented information
- Verifying the effectiveness of the established specified management system through Internal Audit
- Conducting Management Review Meetings
- Application for specified ISO Certification through Third Party / An accredited Certification Body
- Document Review / Stage 1 Audit from Third Party / An accredited Certification Body (Subject to the closure of identified Major / Minor NC’s)
- ISO Certification / Stage 2 Audit from Third Party / An accredited Certification Body (Subject to the closure of identified Major / Minor NC’s)
- ISO Certified organization
The organization may consult to Professional ISO Certification Consultants in Kanpur for support of Training, Documentation, and Implementation in the organization. Or ISO Certification Body in Kanpur
About Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
QMS denominated by ISO 9001, this standard focusing the customer satisfaction, process/product conformity and overall quality perspective of the organization to consistently perform and continually improve based on the framework provided by the standard. The currently available standard is ISO 9001:2015 i.e. Quality Management System.
Quality Management System is the set of policies, procedures, processes that are required for planning and execution of product/services. The structured way of delivering quality products/ services is supported by documented information.
Documented Information required by this standard are (But not Limited)
- Documented Information i.e. Quality Manual, Master list of documents and records, Policy and procedures and its identification & traceability, retention, retrieval, verification, validation, its access and control
- Quality Policy including Objective
- Scope of the Quality Management System and Statement of applicability of QMS- about the Applicable Clause to organization and Exclusion of Clauses.
- Internal and External issue register related to the organizational activities and its impact on the organization, its assessment, and opportunities for improvement
- Needs and expectations of interested parties
- Appointment of team leader and his responsibilities for the effective implementation of QMS within the organization
- Competence evaluation
- Preventive and Breakdown Maintenance of Machinery and Equipment
- Calibration of monitoring and measuring instruments/equipment and its traceability to national/international standard
- Operational planning and control – Ensuring the Resources – Specification, Raw Material, Manpower, Machinery, Inspection, and Testing Equipments, Storage space of Raw Material and Finished Products etc.
- Customer specifications/work orders / Agreements, its review and acceptance
- Design and development (If Applicable) planning, inputs to the design, Design review and verification, Design validation, Output of design and changes in design/revisions
- Purchase procedures, Supplier Selection, Approved supplier list, and their evaluation/assessment
- Outsourced processes and its control
- Material Inward inspection and verification
- Production planning, Monitoring reports
- In-process inspection record / report
- Product identification and its traceability during the production phase and dispatch
- Customer property (if any) retention, verification, identification, and its control
- Post-delivery activities (if any)
- Product Final Inspection / Pre dispatch inspection and authority to control
- Rework/rejection register and its correction and corrective action
- Internal audit plan, summary record, Noncompliance report and its corrective and preventive action.
- Management review
- Continual improvement plan
- Correction and corrective actions
Quality Management System -QMS – ISO 9001 Certification Implementation
For effective implementation of this standard organization needs (But not Limited )
- Top Management commitment to resource provision,
- ensuring integration of the quality management system standard requirements into its business processes,
- supporting to relevant roles of the organizations to demonstrate their leadership and its application to their core areas.
- Provide training within the organization to improve the skills of employees along with ISO awareness
- Implementation of documented information and verification of its effectiveness and control i.e. gap analysis, internal audits, etc. and improve the gaps identified, creating documented information for effectiveness verification, record keeping
- Complying applicable legal requirements that organization access
- Conducting internal audit and management reviews and fulfilling/minimizing non-compliances that are observed during the audit and creating an opportunity for further improvement.
Also, the organization may opt to take assistance from Professional ISO 9001 Consultant in Kanpur
Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification
- Applicable to all kind of organizations whether it is manufacturer, service provider or trade sector
- Risk-based thinking minimizing significant issues that may have an adverse impact
- The globally known practice adopted by the organization, hence optimizing global reputation and recognition
- Well established control over the management system
- Happy customer / increased customer satisfaction
- Less Rejection / Non Compliance
- Legal compliance
- Product compliance
- Minimized customer complaints
- Peoples involvement
- Enhanced productivity
- Systematic approach
- Enhanced competence/skills of the employees
Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
EMS denominated by ISO 14001 is the Environment Management System standard that focuses on Environmental Pollution due to organizational activities that include processes, product, resource consumption. This standard provides a framework that organization seeking ISO 14001certification contributes to environmental sustainability and its responsibility towards environment protection and cure
The requirements of this standard are applicable to any organization regardless of size, location, and maturity level. General requirements that include documented information on
- Documented Information i.e. EMS Manual, Master list of documents and records, Policy and procedures and its identification & traceability, retention, retrieval, verification, validation, its access and control
- Environmental policy conforming organizations commitment for Environment management system that includes environmental protection and prevention of pollution along with the legal compliance
- Appointment of Team leader/environment coordinator, responsible for effective implementation and coordination of EMS
- potential environmental aspects, its impact on the environment and its operational control planning and execution
- Competence evaluation
- Training plan, its attendance and effectiveness verification
- Internal and External Communication
- Operational planning and control document
- Emergency planning
- Mock drill records
- Environmental compliance requirements
- Developing and monitoring environmental objectives, targets, and programs
- Organizations performance evaluation towards EMS
- Performance monitoring and measurement
- Internal audit
- Management Review Meetings and its output
- Continuous improvement of the environmental performance of the organization
While implementing the standard organization may face the hurdles that are set of realistic goals, Efficient use of resources, Applying relevant regulation, Lack of awareness, Improper analysis and Identification of environmental aspects and its impact, To ensure that the resulting collection of policies, procedures, processes, and records meet the needs of the company while still allowing the improvement of the system. Improvement of the system is one of the main reasons for implementing an EMS, as it benefits the company in the long run.
To support of organization may take services from professional ISO 14001 Consultants in Kanpur or ISO 14001 Consultants in Delhi NCR
Benefits of ISO 14001 certification
- Ensures environmental protection and minimizing pollution due to its activities/concern
- Demonstrate legal compliance
- Appropriate use of resources
- Enhanced relationship and bonding between interested parties
- Enhanced control over the processes/product that ensures environmental protection and prevention of pollution
- Organizations enhanced ability to consistently perform and achieve the goal towards environment sustainability
- Enhanced Knowledge and performance delivery on life cycle perspective of the product
Occupational Health and Safety Management System – OH&SMS (ISO 45001)
OH&SMS denominated by ISO 45001 is Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&SMS) is a Management System standard that provides a framework for managing OH&S risks. The intended outcomes of the OH&S management system are to prevent work-related injury and ill health to workers and to provide safe and healthy workplaces to workers.
The requirements of ISO 45001 standard are applicable to any organization regardless of size, location, and maturity level. Requirements required by this standard that include (But Not Limited)
- Development and communication of Safety policy and objectives and related targets and programs
- Identify the Internal and External Issues related to Occupational Health and Safety of the organization’s activities.
- Needs and expectations of interested parties including workers.
- Appointment of team leader/safety officer and his responsibilities for the effective implementation of OH&SMS within the organization
- Involve the Worker Participation and Consultation in all OHS related activities -i.e Hazard Identification, OHS Risk Assessment, Implementation of OHS Legal Requirements, Implementation of OHS Controls, Establishing the OHS objective of the organization etc.
- Identify the OHS Hazards in the organization which is the potential to harm or Injury makes ill Health to the worker, Employee, contractor etc in the organization.
- Do Risk Analysis and OHS Hazard analysis.
- Establishing the Internal and external Communication related to OHS
- Operational control plan
- Emergency preparedness and response, mock drill
- Conduct an internal audit and management review meeting and maintain the record
- OHSMS performance monitoring and measurement
- Identify the OHS Applicable Legal Requirements, and get consent and Keep up to date Record of Legal Register.
- Accident / incident register. Investigation of accident/incident happened and its correction and preventive action.
- OHS Objective monitoring
- OHS performance monitoring of the organization
- Internal audit and Management review meeting
- Continual improvement plan
- Correction and corrective actions
ISO 45001 is a newly published standard on occupational health and safety management system that will replace OHSAS 18001 standard and this can be integrated with other management system standards.
While implementing the standard challenges that organization may face are – fulfilling the legal requirements governing health and safety that are applicable to the organization, underestimating the importance of health and safety in the workplace, lacking on priorities the health and safety within the organization, identification and marking of the safety issues, mentioning less importance to the team’s opinions, peoples participation
The organization may take assistance from professional ISO 45001 Consultant in Kanpur
Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification
- Enhanced OH safety concerns
- Minimized accidents, injuries and health issues
- Reduced cost on accidents, insurance
- Minimized absenteeism due to ill health
- Minimized downtime to operations
- Enhanced control over the processes/product that ensures occupational health safety
- Organizations enhanced ability to consistently perform and achieve the goal towards personnel safety
Food Safety Management System – FSMS (ISO 22000)
FSMS denominated by ISO 22000 i.e. Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to food serving, Food processing, manufacturing, packaging, transport, and sales. This standard focuses and ensures food that does not have an adverse effect on human health. It provides a framework, that an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. ISO 22000 can be used by any organization regardless of its size or position in the food chain.
ISO 22000 requires that organization to build a Food Safety Management System. This means that the organization will have a documented system in place and fully implemented throughout the facility that includes (But Not Limited)
- PRP (Prerequisite program)
- Product Characteristic
- Food Safety Hazard Identification and Hazard Analysis
- HACCP Plan for each Product
- Identify the CCP and monitor the same
- Validation Verification of HACCP Plan on timely frequency
- Set the Policy for Withdrawal and Recall of Product – when it found not meeting the requirements of Food Safety
- Identify the Potential Food Safety Emergency Situation and make the Preparedness
- Interactive communication
- Identify the Applicable Legal requirements and get consent
Before implementing FSMS, organizations need to know the terminology that is used by the standard i.e. Acceptable level, action criterion, Conformity, contamination, Control measures, Correction, corrective action, Critical control point, critical limit, Feed, Interested party, OPRP, PRP, CCP, HACCP, etc.
The ISO 22000 standard contains the specific requirements to be addressed by the Food Safety Management System. The standard requires food safety management system processes including –
- Food Safety Policy of the organization, developed by top management.
- Food safety objectives to drive the organizational effort to comply with
- Documented information
- Record of performance of the system
- Establishing a Food safety team and team leader
- Communication procedure
- Emergency plan
- Setting Prerequisite programs (PRP), OPRP, HACCP and following the same
- Traceability for product identification throughout the process
- Procedure for withdrawals
- Control of monitoring and measuring equipment
- Correction and corrective actions
- Conducting internal audit and management reviews
- Updating and Improving the system
ISO 22000 has been the standard for food safety and is based on HACCP guidelines in accordance with the management principles of ISO 9001. It is a globally accepted standard that forms the basis for an internationally valid ISO food safety certificate. Whereas HACCP is focused purely on food safety, ISO goes further. ISO also looks at business processes and structures
While implementing the FSMS within the organization organizations may face the problems regarding internal resistance to change, Lack of employees motivation and involvement, Lack of top management commitment and involvement, Reduction of the employees’ time to make other tasks, Time limitations, Employees’ qualification, Difficulties in the comprehension and interpretation of the standard requirements, Difficulties in the use of the food safety management System tools and methodologies, More difficulties for the introduction of new products, Legal requirements,
The Professional ISO 22000 Consultant in Kanpur can Help the organization for Effective implementation to the organization if the competent resource is not available in the organization.
Benefits of FSMS i.e. ISO 22000 Certification
- Safe food product consistency
- Resource optimization throughout the food chain
- Minimal risk of liability
- Enhanced customer/buyer confidence in the food product
- Legal compliance
- Consistent safety food performance
- Minimal errors and customer/food complaints
- Corporate image improvement
- Reduction in wastage
- Increase of product shelf time
- Reduction in food complaints/customer complaints
- Potential to Business Enhancement
Information Security Management System -ISMS (ISO 27001)
ISMS denominated by ISO 27001. This standard provides requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system. The organization’s information security management system is influenced by the organization’s needs and objectives, information security requirements, the organizational processes used, and the size and structure of the organization. All of these influencing factors are expected to change over time. ISO 27001 provides a framework that helps organizations protect their information through effective implementation of ISMS Controls and management of Information security Risk and awareness programs.
The requirements of ISMS (ISO 27001) –
- Scope of the organization – defining what information to be protected and Applicability of ISMS Controls
- Identification of threats to information security – Internal and External Issues and Understanding the Needs and Expectations of Interested Praty in Cluding Customers related to Information security.
- Information security policy and objectives
- Information risk treatment process
- Information risk treatment plan
- Risk assessment
- Record of training, skills, experience, and competence
- Monitoring and Measuring implemented ISMS Controls
- An internal audit program, results of internal audit
- Management review
- Results of corrective action
ISO 27001 Controls
The ISO 27001 Controls are the key area where the organization has to look into when establishing the Statement of Applicability – SOA – Considering the nature of activities of the Organization. Because Selection, Implementation, and Treatment of ISMS Control is the key success of ISO 27001. The some of the Controls are given below for reference.
- Definition of security roles and responsibilities
- Inventory of assets
- Acceptable use of assets
- Access control policy
- Operating procedures for IT management
- Secure system engineering principles
- Supplier security policy
- Incident management procedure
- Business continuity procedures
- Statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements
- Logs of user activities, exceptions and security events
Statement of Applicability, an essential piece of documentation within the information risk treatment process, The SoA outlines which Annex A controls that organization have selected or omitted and explains why the organization made those choices.
Benefits of ISO 27001Certification
- Established controls on information /data breaches
- Effective Information security risk management
- Provide confidence to interested parties that risks are adequately managed
- Stabilized and smooth operations allow employees to work more peacefully and calmly since they understand protocols and procedures.
- Cinfirdention and Business related key information secured
- Client information and data secured
- Enhanced the Credibility among the Customer
- Business Continuity Improved
- Customer Satisfaction Enhanced
- Opportunity for New Potential Business
The Organization can appoint professional ISO 27001 Consultant in the organization – who can do the Gap Analysis, Review the Current Business Practice and identify the Applicable ISO 27001 Controls, Provide ISMS training and develop the Documents including ISMS policy etc.
Cost of ISO certifications depends upon organizations size, its understanding, its complexity and certifications cost comprising ISO registration/application fees, Stage 1 / document review fees, Stage 2 / Certification audit fees and thereafter surveillance charges that will be conducted after 12 and 24 months after the initial ISO certification of the organization.
Organizations seeking ISO certification first need to implement the standard within the organization, conduct the internal audit and management reviews, close all internal findings that are observed during the internal audit, comply with the applicable legal requirements and then apply for ISO 9001 certification to the accredited certification body. Get Stage 1 and 2 audits done and close audit findings if any and get the ISO certification. Thereafter conduct a surveillance audit as per stipulated time and get the ISO certificate renewals.
Time Required for ISO Certification
Usually, effective ISO implementation to certification takes 2 to 3 months for an organization, but there is no such time period fixed, it depends upon organizations understanding level, its ability to consistently perform, its performance delivery, its peoples and their coordination/involvement, resources of the organization i.e. man, machine, material, and machinery. Audit time informed by the certification body.