What is HACCP?
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is the most important requirements of food safety management system that is based on the production and supply of safe food from an anticipatory approach. It is a globally accepted food safety system that most countries accept and implement. Representing an actual promise to food safety through HACCP compliance can also alter your brand and act as an actual product, opening up original business opportunities around the globe.
What is the difference between ISO 22000 and HACCP Certification?
ISO 22000 certificate talks about the requirements for a food safety management system and determines what requirements a food manufacturer or supplier must meet to show it can control hazards related to food safety. Where HACCP is one of key requirements of ISO 22000 :2018 Standard. ISO 22000:2018 standard is a border Food Safety Management System requirement as organization as whole. where HACCP Certification looks for Specific requirement of Food Safety. So, when the organization adopt for HACCP Certification, then organization is very much specific for implementation of HACCP principles in the process to meet the Food Safety requirement. But when the organization adopt for ISO 22000 Certification, then the requirements of Food Safety Management System is applied to the organization as whole – where HACCP requirements also include in ISO 22000 Certification.
Need For A Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
You may not hesitate to accept that unsafe food can leave severe health consequences. Since food is essential for everyone, therefore it is crucial for companies in the food supply chain to take adequate measures to guarantee their processes, services, and products are safe. Nowadays, multiple food products have international borders. It implies the fact that maintaining a food safety management system is a must need for a universal standard for food safety management. Technically, ISO 22000 fulfills this need by giving guidelines these companies must follow to identify and control hazards related to food safety.
HACCP Is Based On 7 Principles.:
The prominent HACCP Service Providers speak about seven basic principles. These principles include the following:
- Conduct a hazard analysis to determine critical control points
- Recognize critical control points
- Identify and determine critical limits
- Monitor constantly
- Do remedial activities
- Log records
- Examine efficiency verification
Additionally, HACCP also takes care of a few more things. The following are some of them:
- It motivates a healthy and effective use of your resources
- Decreases pricing by dodging insecure food products
- Allows your business to act effectively in a food safety emergency
- Creates trust for customers and health authorities
- Diminishes blockades to universal trade
- Supports your food business competes successfully in the local/world market
HACCP Helps Every Component in the Food Chain System. It may help in the following domains:
- Food chain
- Food security
- Shoppers’ needs
- Risk analysis and management
- Critical points
- Contamination risk
- Production safety
- Threat analysis
- Supply chain
What are the Benefits of HACCP Certification?
- Respond to every situation
- Improved health safety
- Added transparency
- Better response to risks
- Readiness and ability to get more business
- Proven business credentials
- Legal compliance
- Global recognition
- Customer satisfaction
You must know the Requirement for HACCP Certification
As mentioned in ISO 22000 certification standards, HACCP creates a method for managing food safety that applies to the entire food supply chain. The following are a few requirements for HACCP:
- An inclusive food safety strategy
- Planning, scheming and detailing the management system
- Making a dedicated team of skilled individuals
- An emergency food plan
- A plan for habitually assessing the performance of the HACCP
- A plan for the next principles of HACCP
- A method to advance the identification of services/products
- A recognized process for the removal of services/products
- An interior audit package
- A strategy for repeatedly refining the FSMS/HACCP
- Prerequisite program
When it comes to assurance to satisfy their customers, every business must try to acquire HACCP certification as it can make your customers happy and satisfied with your services and products. reaching a HACCP Certification Service Provider becomes a necessity.