What is ISO 9001: 2015 Requirements of Leadership
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001:2015 is a Quality Management System Standard, when the organization planning for adopting this standard for implementation in the organization – which can help the organization for overall enhancement of performance of the organization and customer Satisfaction. This QMS Standard has seven key clauses in the ISO 9001:2015 Standard, are
- Context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
For ISO 9001 Certification, the organization who are planning for ISO Certification for ISO 9001:2015. They should must Implement the requirement of QMS Clause in the organization, prior to get Certification.
For the business community awareness, we have published the requirements of ISO 9001 Clause 4 – Context of the organization
Also read reference Blog: Clause 4 – ISO 9001 Certification Requirement of Clause 4 Explained
Now we are taking Opportunity for Further Explanation of requirements ISO 9001 in view that the business community organization Looking for ISO 9001 Certification, can get benefits of understanding the requirements for Effective implementation of QMS in the organization.
What is Requirements ISO 9001 Clause # 5 – Leadership?
When the organization is implementing the clause # 5 of ISO 9001 – Leadership, first of all it makes sure that involvement of Top Management is the key focus requirements of this Clause. The involvement of the Top Management in the entire Key process of QMS.
To Demonstrate the Leadership of Top Management in QMS process, the Top Management takes the commitments by
- Assuring accountability for the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- By establishing the quality policy and quality objectives
- Review the Effectiveness of QMS
- Ensuring that the process approach and risk-based thinking are adopted in the organization.
- Ensuring that the all the necessary resources are available for effective operations of organization to meet the customer requirements
- Communicating the importance and Requirements of Customers/ Regulatory Body and QMS
- Motivation and Supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Promoting improvement
As per ISO 9001:2015 Standard – This Clause has – four Sub- Clauses
Where the Top Management of the organization ensures that customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are identified, understood, and consistently met. Address the Potential Risk and opportunities that can affect product and service conformity. Also ensure that customer Satisfaction enhancement
Establishing the quality policy
Top management shall develop and implement the Quality Policy of the organization and ensure that the Quality Policy of the organization shall have the commitments of – Customer Satisfaction, satisfy applicable requirements and continuous improvement of the quality management system.
Communicating the quality policy
The Top Management Shall ensure that Quality Policy of the organization is communicated the everyone in the organization and it is made available to all relevant parties. Also, it is displayed at prominent place of the organization.
Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
Human resource is the key requirements of the organization – who run the QMS of the organization also responsible for effective performance. So, Establishing the Role, Responsibility and Authority to each person in the organization is key requirements of Top Management for smooth operation of Business and meeting the objective of the organization.
What are the documents required for ISO 9001 Clause # 5 Leadership?
To maintain the compliance of this clause, the following documents required
- Quality Manual – where the Role of the Top Management should be described along with Organization Chart and Role, Responsibility, Authority of each person
- Quality Policy and Quality Objective
- Customer Satisfaction Monitoring criteria and record
These documents can help the organization for effective demonstration of implementation of ISO 9001:2015 in the organization for ISO 9001 Certification.