ISO 9001 Certification Implementation for Small Businesses
At present, the business establishments are facing some challenges and that is mostly related to quality parameters. No matter what business you run and what products or services you offer to our customers, you need to maintain the best quality and standards for all your customers. The International Organization of Standardization (ISO) has come up with a very significant role. ISO has made it necessary for every business, including large enterprise, mid-level company, start-up, or even an SME to follow the quality at any cost. Here, the business are sure to adhere to the implications mentioned in the Quality Management System (QMS). ISO 9001:2015 has been the most accepted QMS devised by ISO that the business must go for. It is a set of guidelines, requirements and instructions that assist the service providers to complete all the necessary quality measures.
A few Basic Facts About ISO 9001:2015 That Every Business Must Know
ISO 9001 was devised, accepted, and adopted in 1987 by the International Organization of Standardization (ISO). However, it underwent some modifications from time to time to make it more versatile so that more businesses can get the advantages. The basic concept of ISO 9001 was and is to make the consumers or end-users safe from all harms caused by poor quality of the services and products. It was last modified in September 2015, and that is why the present version is termed as ISO 9001:2015. It is the most popular and successful QMS at the moment that numerous companies use. Most importantly, the number of the users is increasing fast among the users across the globe.
ISO 9001:2015 And Small Businesses
In case you are running a start-up, a mid-level business or even an SME, you must know everything about ISO 9001:2015 certification requirements. Here are a few important information about its significance for small businesses.
- Adoption and implementation of ISO 9001:2015 does not depend on the size of the company. Every business, with either 1 employee or a million employees must get and adhere to this QMS. It is necessary!
- ISO 9001 certification is also necessary for all businesses, irrespective of their services or products. You may own a restaurant, a government entity, a manufacturing unit, or a consultancy. You need to apply for this certification and obtain it at any cost.
- A business with this certification can grow with complete peace of mind as it meets the majority of requirements that a business needs to have.
- The ISO 9001 certification is not for an individual. Instead, it is for an industry or an organization that manufactures or offers services or products. No individual can go for this certification. However, an individual can become an ISO 9001 Certified Lead Auditor. For this, the individual would need to undergo the training course in this certification. At present, the career prospects of a qualified ISO 9001 certified lead auditor is very bright indeed!
- Many businesses often misunderstand ISO 9001 certification. They often consider it as a group that is dedicated to maintain quality parameters. They apply to join the group. Actually, it is not a group at all. Instead, it is a certification that the businesses must obtain by fulfilling all the requirements as mentioned in the norms of this certification.
- There is hardly any shortcuts in obtaining ISO 9001 certification for small businesses. The norms and requirements are similar for every business.
Steps Involved In Obtaining ISO 9001:2015 Certification:
The leading provider of ISO Certification suggest completion of all the steps smoothly to obtain the certification. In their opinion, the steps include the following. Since the task is often technical by nature, therefore seeking assistance of these expert service providers seems necessary:
- Develop familiarity with ISO 9001 certification procedure
- Think and schedule a plan to do everything required for the certification
- Know, realize, and recognize the duties, responsibilities, and objectives
- Complete the documentation part at the earliest
- Launch and test/examine the existing QMS
- Be neutral to review the performance/presentation
- Evaluate and complete process for completing the registration for the certification
- Work relentlessly to overall and relentless growth
So, you see, getting ISO 9001:2015 Certification for small businesses is necessary as they also need to prove their commitment for maintaining quality in their services and products. If you find the task difficult to complete, then seeking advice of the experts is necessary.