How the Small organization can get benefits after the implementation of a Quality Management System in the organization
India is a very big Country where Small organizations and MSMEs contribute great value to the Indian Economy of GDP. If we support the further enhancement of the process / Practices of MSME / Small organizations. This can help these small organizations to grow and build credibility, Improve Overall performance, and Enhance Productivity within the Limited infrastructure and resources.
In view to make awareness to MSME / Small organizations about Quality Management Systems. How this Standard can help to MSME / Small organizations when the organization adopts Implementation?
We have Provided the Following information, hope this could help these organizations with further improvements.
Overview of ISO 9001:2015 –
ISO 9001:2015 is the new version of the Quality Management System that replaces and cancels ISO 9001:2008. It helps organizations to consistently provide their product or services, facilitates opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction, comply with the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, helps to demonstrate product conformity and improve its overall performance and provide a sound basis for sustainable development initiatives.
ISO 9001 i.e. QMS (Quality Management System) enables the process approach that incorporates PDCA cycles i.e. Plan-Do-Check-Act which helps an organization to plan its processes and its interactions. PDCA cycle enables to ensure organizational processes are adequately managed and further ensures opportunities for improvement are determined.
Its Risk-based thinking enables an organization to determine the factors that could cause its processes and management system performance to differentiate from its planned results. Addressing needs and expectations and consistently meeting the requirements imposes challenges for organizations’ continual improvement
It helps an organization to achieve an intended outcome that provides value for the product/services, the organization itself, and interested parties.
ISO 9001 for Small-Scale Industry
The Standard requires the organization to identify the internal and external issues relevant to the Quality Management System, To address the needs and expectations of interested parties, here interested parties are those who can affect or perceive to be affected by a decision or activity of the organization e.g. Customers, communities, suppliers, regulators, non-governmental organizations, investors and employees, etc.
While Enhancing the Quality Performance of the organization, it needs to develop documented information on Quality Management System that includes Policy and Procedures, Objectives, applicable legal compliance, control plans, internal audit, and management review records
QMS is the set of policies, procedures, and processes that are required for the planning and execution of products/services. It supports the structured way of delivering quality products/services supported by documented information.
Key requirements of this standard –
- Quality Manual and Procedures
- Quality Policy
- Forms and formats supporting the organization’s relevant processes to ensure their effectiveness for the product/process conformity
- Scope and Statement of applicability of QMS
- Risk register along with mitigation plan on identified issues
- Needs and expectations of interested parties
- Appointment of team leader
- Maintenance Plan
- Calibration Plan
- Competence Matrix, Competence evaluation, Training plan, attendance, and effectiveness verification
- Master List of documents and records and their accessibility, verification, changes, and controls
- Communication procedure Internal and External
- Operational control plans, Work Instructions / Quality Plan
- Determination of customer requirements through Customer specifications/work orders / Agreements, their review, and Acceptance
- Design and Development (If Applicable) planning, inputs to the design, Design Review, and verification, Design Validation, Output of design, and changes in design/revisions
- Purchase procedures, supplier list, and their evaluation/Assessment
- Outsourced processes and their control, Material Inward Inspection, and Verification
- Production Planning, Monitoring reports
- Product Inspection report, Rework/rejection register, and its correction and corrective action
- Internal audit plan, audit summary record, Non-compliance document, and its corrective and preventive action.
- Management review record
- Objective monitoring record
- Continual improvement plan
- Correction and corrective actions
Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification –
Consistent output and performance delivery
Facilitates opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction
Promotes Compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
Support systematic approach to optimize business opportunities, product quality, and customer satisfaction
Minimized process or product lapses
Improved reporting and communication,
The globally known practice adopted by the organization,
How to Implement Quality Management System in the Organization
- Top Management commitment to resource provision, ensuring integration of the standard requirements into its business processes, supporting relevant roles of the organizations to demonstrate their leadership and its application to their core areas.
- Provide training within the organization to improve the skills of employees along with ISO Awareness
- Implementation of documented information and verification of its effectiveness and control
- Complying with applicable legal requirements that organizations Access
- Conducting internal audit and management reviews and fulfilling/minimizing non-compliances that are observed
How much does it cost to get ISO 9001 certification?
Costing of ISO 9001 certification depends upon the organization’s size, understanding, complexity, and certifications cost comprising ISO registration/application fees, Stage 1 / document review fees, Stage 2 / Certification audit fees, and thereafter surveillance charges that will be conducted after 12 and 24 months after the initial ISO certification of the organization.
Organizations can contact ISO Certification Body to get Certification.
ISO 9001 Certification Process –
Organizations going for ISO 9001 certification first needs to implement the standard within the organization, conduct the internal audit and management reviews, close all internal findings that are observed during the internal audit, comply with the applicable legal requirements, and then apply for ISO 9001 certification to the accredited certification body. Get Stage 1 and 2 audits done and close audit findings if any and get the ISO 9001 certification. Thereafter conduct a surveillance audit as per the stipulated time and get the ISO certificate renewals.