What is ISO? How to Get ISO 9001 Certification?
What is ISO?
ISO is an International Organization for Standardization, the key activities of this organization (ISO ) are the development and publication of various ISO Technical, industrial, and Management System Standards. International Organization for Standardization (ISO) does not certify any organization for ISO Standards. It is only a development and publication ISO Standard organization.
What is the ISO 9001 Standard?
ISO 9001 Standard is developed and published by International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO 9001 Standard is known as Quality Management System Standard. The latest publication of ISO 9001 is ISO 9001:2015, which was published in the year 2015.
Best Practices to Get ISO 9001 Certification
- Develop the Quality Manual, Quality Policy, and Procedures as per requirements of ISO 9001 and integrate your organization’s activities, process, products & services as per QMS requirements into your Quality Manual, Quality Policy, and Procedures.
- Provide Training to all key personnel and Employee on newly developed Quality Manuals, Quality Policies, Procedures
- Implement the New Developed Quality Manual, Quality Policy, and Procedures in the organization at all the processes and functions of the organization.
- Monitor the Performance of activities and keep a record.
- Conduct the Internal Audit once the system is effectively Implemented and records of Monitoring and measurement of processes are maintained.
- Conduct the Management Review meeting after completion of the Internal Audit to review the suitability, and adequacy of Policy, and Procedures and see the possibility of any continual improvements and any changes in QMS.
- Once the above QMS implementation activities are completed and necessary changes are made.
- Approach to Accredited ISO Certification Body which provides ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
The ISO Certification Body Audit Team will visit your organization for an assessment of QMS implementation. If Audit Team finds that your implemented QMS is meeting the compliance requirements, they will recommend your organization for Certification and your organization gets ISO 9001 Certified after necessary Certification decision activities.
Who needs ISO 9001 Certification?
Any organization that wants to enhance process performance, Enhance the overall productivity of the organization, Reduce rejection (In-house/ Customer End), Enhance customer satisfaction, Build Credibility in the Market, and overall enhance the profitability of the organization Need ISO 9001 Certification.
Requirements of ISO 9001:2015
As per the View of ISO Experts, key the requirements of ISO 9001 are to be focused on by the organization, during the implementation of the Quality Management System
- Identification of Internal and External Issues
- Understating the Needs and Expectations of Interested Party
- Risk Analysis of issues along with Needs and Expectations of Interested Party
- Operational Planning and Controls
- Performance Monitoring
- Continual Improvements
What are Documents required for ISO 9001 Certification?
The documents required for ISO 9001 Certification can vary from organization to organization depending on the nature of activities, size, products, and process, but some of the document requirements for ISO 9001 Certification are common for any organization irrespective of size, product, process, etc.
- Quality Manual
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Procedures of different process / Functions/ Activities
- Process Monitoring and performance record
- Internal Audit
- Management Review Meeting
For more information about How to get ISO 9001 Certification and the ISO Certification process along with How to apply for ISO 9001 Certification, kindly watch the Video provided below for better understanding.