QMS Become ISO 9001 Certified
QMS – Quality Management system standard adopted for implementation in the organization to become ISO 9001 Certified. ISO 9001 Certification process are sub-divided in two groups.
- Implementation of Quality Management System -ISO 9001 in the organization who are seeking to become ISO 9001 Certified.
- Certification of Implemented Quality Management System Standard by competent accredited ISO Certification Body
As per ISO Experts View to become ISO 9001 Certified, the organization Implement the applicable ISO 9001 requirement – Which are provided in the ISO 9001:2015 standard in the Clause 4 to Claues-10. As per Experts View – the organization do the proper planning prior for taking the decision of Implementation of QMS in the organization, the planning could be
- Review the requirement of QMS
- Gap Analysis of QMS requirements vs Current organization practices.
- Check the Applicability of ISO 9001 requirements, may be some of the requirements given in ISO 9001:2015 Standard is not applicable considering the nature of activities of the organization.
Once Planning done, make the Team of people to established the action plan taking the inputs of Planning and develop the necessary documentation and record of compliances of implementation. The documents requirements to become ISO 9001 Certified may vary organization to organization, but some of common documents required for ISO 9001 Certification are provided below
- Quality Manual
- Quality Policy & Objective
- Procedures of key process – which may include the process Inputs, Process Output, qualification, Monitoring, Recording along the responsibility of key personal
- Internal Audit and Management review records.
As per ISO Experts view, the above said documents are very common and minimum requirements, but for Implementation of QMS to become ISO 9001 Certified, the organization may require many more documents & record for demonstrating the compliance. where organization may take advice from ISO Experts or professional ISO 9001 Consultants or organization may do the self by understating the requirements of QMS Standard.
How much does it cost to become ISO 9001 certified?
There is a very common question of user about How much does it cost to become ISO 9001 certified? The ISO Experts view on cost to become ISO 9001 certified? Are explained below, which could help the organization to understand the cost of ISO 9001 Certification.
First of all, kindly understand that the ISO Certification is a professional service, provided by Accredited ISO Certification Body. So, the Cost of ISO 9001 Certification is not fixed, which are derived from various factors as per the requirement and guideline provided by Accreditation Body and IAF.
The Cost to become ISO 9001 Certified are derived on following factors
- Number of Employee of the organization
- Activities of the organization – where the activities of the organization May be Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk. When the organization category Low Risk – then the cost of ISO 9001 Certification could be Lower than the organization category of High Risk.
- Locations and Number of Units of the organization.
So, these are the key factors are used by ISO Certification Body to decide the Cost of ISO 9001 Certification.
ISO Experts Advices on Cost of ISO 9001 Certification.
It has been explained above the Cost to become ISO 9001 Certified is not fixed, but it can be Low or High considering the category of the organization. Also, the cost of ISO 9001 Certification may vary from ISO Certification Body to ISO Certification Body. If you take the Quote of ISO 9001 Certification Body from two different CAB there may be possibility that cost of ISO 9001 Certification is not same. Because each ISO Certification Body have their own Man- Day Rate for Auditing, so the cost of ISO 9001 Certification may vary from CAB to CAB.