QMS – Quality Management system standard adopted for implementation in the organization to become ISO 9001 Certified. ISO 9001 Certification process is subdivided into two groups.
- Implementation of Quality Management System -ISO 9001 in the organization who are seeking to become ISO 9001 Certified.
- Certification of Implemented Quality Management System Standard by competent accredited ISO Certification Body
As per ISO Expert’s View to become ISO 9001 Certified, the organization Implement the applicable ISO 9001 requirement – Which is provided in the ISO 9001:2015 standard in Clause 4 to Claues-10. As per Experts’ View – the organization does the proper planning prior to taking the decision to Implementation of QMS in the organization, the planning could be
- Review the requirement of QMS
- Gap Analysis of QMS Requirements vs Current organization practices.
- Check the Applicability of ISO 9001 requirements, maybe some of the requirements given in ISO 9001:2015 Standard are not applicable considering the nature of activities of the organization.
Once Planning is done, make the Team of people establishes the action plan taking the inputs of Planning, and develops the necessary documentation and record of compliance of implementation. The documents requirements to become ISO 9001 Certified may vary from organization to organization, but some of the common documents required for ISO 9001 Certification are provided below
- Quality Manual
- Quality Policy & Objective
- Procedures of the key process – which may include the process Inputs, Process Output, qualification, Monitoring, and Recording along with the responsibility of key personal
- Internal Audit and Management review records.
As per ISO Experts’ view, the above said documents are very common and minimum requirements, but for the Implementation of QMS to become ISO 9001 Certified, the organization may require many more documents & records for demonstrating compliance. where organizations may take advice from ISO Experts or professional ISO 9001 Consultants or organizations may do the self by understating the requirements of QMS Standard.
How much does it cost to become ISO 9001 certified?
There is a very common question user about How much does it cost to become ISO 9001 certified? The ISO Experts’ view on the cost to become ISO 9001 certified? Are explained below, which could help the organization to understand the cost of ISO 9001 Certification.
First of all, kindly understand that ISO Certification is a professional service, provided by Accredited ISO Certification Body. So, the Cost of ISO 9001 Certification is not fixed, which is derived from various factors as per the requirement and guidelines provided by Accreditation Body and IAF.
The Cost to become ISO 9001 Certified is derived on the following factors
- Number of Employees of the organization
- Activities of the organization – where the activities of the organization May be Low Risk, Medium Risk, and High Risk. When the organization category is Low Risk – then the cost of ISO 9001 Certification could be Lower than the organization category of High Risk.
- Locations and Number of Units of the Organization.
So, these are the key factors used by the ISO Certification Body to decide the Cost of ISO 9001 Certification.
ISO Experts Advice on Cost of ISO 9001 Certification
It has been explained above the Cost to become ISO 9001 Certified is not fixed, but it can be Low or High considering the category of the organization. Also, the cost of ISO 9001 Certification may vary from ISO Certification Body to ISO Certification Body. If you take the Quote of the ISO 9001 Certification Body from two different CAB there may be a possibility that the cost of ISO 9001 Certification is not the same. Because each ISO Certification Body has its own Man- Day Rate for Auditing, so the cost of ISO 9001 Certification may vary from CAB to CAB.