Information Security Management System
What is Information Security Management System -ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 basically refers to those international standards for Information security management systems (ISMS) to protect data from internal and external threats. ISO 27001 is a set of controls (114).
Its ultimate goal is to develop the System against the Data hacker in the workplace to provide the protection of data. To achieve this, it is very important to establish all control within the organization based on the company’s work activity.
ISO 27001 is a framework that helps organizations “establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve an ISMS”.
ISO 27001 ensures that an organization implements all controls which protect the data such as data theft, data loss, data transfer from one system to another system, etc. But it should also be taken into account that an organization may need to implement these factors/Controls as per the ISO 27001 Certification Requirements.
What is ISO 27001 certification meant for?
ISO 27001 Certification means, an approach to secure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization’s assets and inventory. It consists of many types of policies, procedures, and controls involving people and technologies.
ISMS is an efficient, risk-based technology approach to keep the organization’s information assets /inventory secure.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 certification?
– Support compliance with relevant laws and regulations
– Reduce the likelihood of facing prosecution and fines
– Can help to gain status as a preferred supplier
– Protects the organization’s Reputation
– Provides reassurance to clients that their information is secure
– Cost saving through a reduction in Incidents
– Demonstrates credibility and Trust
– Improves the ability to recover the operations and continued business as usual.
– Confidence in your information security arrangements
– The improved internal organization
– Better visibility of risks amongst interested parties
– Meet customer and tender requirements
– Get a competitive advantage.
What are the issues of information security?
- Potential information breach damaging your reputation
- Lack of confidence in the organization to manage the risk
- Difficulty in responding to rising customer expectation
- No awareness within the organization
- Knowledge of supporting teams