ISO 22000 Certification -What is ISO 22000 Standard?
ISO 22000 Certification -Food Safety Management System Standard- in this blog we will try to explain ISO 22000 Certification- What is ISO 22000 Standard? so that the organization can have the better and broader understanding on what is ISO 22000 Standard?
What is ISO 22000 Standard?
ISO 22000 Standard is Food Safety Management System Standard – This is a specific requirement for Food Safety applicable for implementation and ISO 22000 Certification to organization who are into the food business. The overall objective of Food Safety Management System to provide the safe food and services to client. Food Safety Experts believe that the success of ISO 22000 Standard Food Safety Management is based on adopting the Food Safety principle in to Business practices. The Most common Food Safety principle are
- Communication on Food Safety, Hazards, Contaminations and other legal /regulatory requirements – This will helps to build up the awareness among everyone who are involve in the organization or in supply chain.
- Be Customer Focused
- Awareness and Training to Every one in organization on Food Safety and Get involvement and participation on everyone in the organization.
- Adopt and Implement HACCP and HACCP principles – i.e Food Safety Hazard Identification, Hazards Analysis, Identification of Critical Control Points (CCP) and monitoring the CCP.
- Adopt and implement the Prerequisite programmes (PRPs)- Which could help to prevent the Contaminations
ISO 22000 Standard was developed by International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the latest Food Safety Management System Standard is ISO 22000:2018 which was published in year 2018, which replaced ISO 22000:2005.
ISO 22000:2018 Standard has 10 Clauses, but the requirements for implementation of Food Safety Management is provided in Clause # 4 to clause#10. There are so many other requirements in FSMS Standard, but some of key requirements, which need to be Focused for Enhancement of Food Safety are
- Prerequisite programmes (PRPs)
- Hazard control
- Hazard analysis
- Hazard assessment
- Hazard control plan
- Handling of potentially unsafe products
ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 Certification, it is the process of verifying the compliances of implemented Food Safety Management System in the organization by Food Safety Expert Auditor of ISO Certification Body. The Expert Food Safety Auditor from ISO Certification Body, visits to organization and perform the Food Safety Audit. The Food Safety ISO 22000 Certification audit may take more than one day to complete the Assessment. The Audit Man-day are calculated based on required guideline and accreditation requirements which are derived on the factors – Number of Employee, HACCP Plan, Products Line and Physical Location of the organization ( but it is not limited ). After completion of FSMS Audit the Audit team may recommend the organization for ISO 22000 Certification and ISO Certification body issue the ISO 22000 Certification to organization after the completion of Certification Decision process.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
- Enhanced the Customer Satisfaction
- Build the Credibility of organization among the customer
- Improve Food Safety and Compliances of Applicable Food Safety Legal requirements
- Overall, all process performance improved
- Opportunity to overall New Business Enhancement, which results in enhancement in profitability of the organization.
To Know more about How to Get ISO 22000 Certification and ISO 22000 Certification process, watch the video provided below – which could help you to have broader understanding on ISO 22000 Requirement, ISO 22000 Certification and How to apply for ISO 22000 Certification.