Introduction Of Occupational Health and Safety
In simple words, Occupational Health and Safety is responsible for safeguarding the lives of the employees. It ensures that the health and welfare of the people employed are well taken care of.
As an employer, it is your responsibility to take care of your employees. And Occupational Health and Safety warrants that you do that.
Whichever industry you operate in, you need to take the time to understand and analyze the dangers that are associated with your workplace. You must take precautionary measures so that no accidents occur as that will cost you and also bring down your public image to the gutter.
So, Why Is Occupational Health and Safety Important?
Occupational Health and Safety ( ISO 45001 standard), if implemented efficiently, can minimize workplace-associated accidents, hazards, illnesses, and even death.
1) Workplace-related injuries and accidents can be really serious but can be avoided. As such, Occupational Health and Safety provides programs and frameworks so as to resolve any workplace-related issues in a timely manner.
It educates the company staff and employees to help identify potential risks and hazards and provide helpful solutions to eliminate or reduce the risks in order to establish a safer working environment.
2) Occupational Health and Safety also offer training to the employees to help them understand what actions they need to follow in order to not be involved in any harmful accidents.
The training will ensure that the employees are made aware of what steps they can take in order to perform their activities in a safe manner, thereby reducing the fatality rate.
3) Occupational Health and Safety ensures that you show compliance with any legal laws and requirements. Companies or individuals who do not ensure safe working environments and show negligence to these laws open their doors to being shut down or face criminal charges.
It offers efficient tools and strategies to help your company combat any potential risks or hazards. Therefore, your company in the process also becomes safe from scrutiny.
4) Occupational Health and Safety also help you to save costs by reducing the chances of facing fines or other penalties.
Ensuring that the employees go through the training, you can keep the training certificates of the employees. This will help in situations where an accident occurs due to the employees not following the necessary guidelines. They will not be able to claim that they did not go through proper training and in return, save you costs.
5) By providing a safe working environment, you also increase the efficiency of your company. As it offers you strategies and an efficient framework for providing a safe working environment, in the process, you also promote positive morale among the employees. This results in bigger company profits and a better public image.
After from above points, there are several other company-specific benefits of ISO 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System. When the organization implemented this standard in the organization and further plans for ISO 45001 Certification from an accredited ISO Certification Body (i.e. OSS Certification ).
The employers and head staff members are responsible for supervising the health and welfare of the employees. The common objective of Occupational Health and Safety is to identify potential hazards and risks associated with the workplace and take necessary precautionary measures to eliminate these factors.
It improves the overall practices of the company and promotes positive performance among the employees. As a result, your company will enjoy increased profits and generally better public image. when your organization has successfully been awarded ISO 45001 Certification.