ISO Certification Services
Please find below contact details and contact us today! Our experts always ready to help you.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a process control based system for food safety. The HACCP principle for Food safety has been developed based on guidelines for HACCP application as per the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
The HACCP system is a process control system guidelines which is applicable to any organization those who are dealing with Manufacturing, trading, supply, retailing, packing, transportation, farming etc of food product. The HACCP system provides the guideline to identify the food safety Hazards (Physical Hazards, Chemical Hazards & Biological Hazards), evaluation of Food safety Hazards and Food safety Risk analysis, establishing the PRP’s, setting of product characteristics, Critical control points, critical control limits, validation , verification , identification of potential emergency situations related to food safety etc.
The summarized requirement details of HACCP are given below :
HACCP Certification Concept
Assuring Food Safety
Control of food safety through process control by prevention method. Identify the potential food safety concern (i.e Food safety Hazards, contamination, CCP etc).
As per Codex Alimentarius Commission guidelines, there are seven HACCP principles as given below
- Principle 1 – Conduct a hazard analysis.
- Principle 2 – Determine the critical control points (CCPs).
- Principle 3 – Establish critical limit(s).
- Principle 4 – Establish a system to monitor control of the CCP.
- Principle 5 – Establish the corrective action to be taken when monitoring indicates that a particular CCP is not under control.
- Principle 6 – Establish procedures for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively.
- Principle 7 – Establish documentation concerning all procedures and records appropriate to these principles and their application.
Application/ Implementation Steps Of HACCP Certification System
- Assemble the HACCP team
- Describe product
- Identify intended use
- HACCP Certification
- Construct flow diagram
- On-site verification of flow diagram
- List all potential hazards, conduct a hazard analysis and determine control measures Determine CCPs
- Establish critical limits for each CCP
- Establish a monitoring system for each CCP
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish verification procedures
- Establish record keeping and documentation
Benefits Of HACCP Certification
- Minimize the Food safety Hazards contamination in Food.
- Reduce the potential Food born diseases, which may cause due contamination of food.
- Improve Compliance level with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- Effective communication on food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food Supply chain
- Improve the business potential among the competitor
- Improve the confidence of customer and end user.
- Reduce cost of Food Analysis.
Applicant Organization Shall Ensure The Followings Prior To HACCP Certification
- Organization has implemented the HACCP System in the organization. Established the Food safety process controls, HACCP Process Control Manual, relevant procedures and SOP’S.
- Conducted one complete cycle Internal Audit of HACCP System
- Conducted at least one Management review meeting on HACCP System
HACCP Certification Process
- Application review and contract Sign up between OSS and applicant organization.
- Onsite Audit
- Certification decision
- Issue of certificate.
- Surveillance audit (annually or Half yearly as finalized during application review
- process and agreed by client)
- Re-Certification Audit (within three years before expiry of certificate)