ISO Certification Services
Please find below contact details and contact us today! Our experts always ready to help you.
Mobile No: +91-9910060579 , 9818800579 , 9821 993 862
ISO 45001 Certification
ISO 45001 Certification
Occupational health and safety management system — Requirements with guidance for use
This standard is published in March 2018, and this will replace the OHSAS 18001:2007.This ISO 45001:2018 standard has the compatibility with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015, and many more Management System Standards.
This standard has the 10 Clause, but the requirement of the Occupational health and safety management systems — Requirements, are in Clause No 4 to Clause No 10.
Many of the requirements given in this ISO 45001:2018 is the similar to the OHSAS 18001:2007, with some additional new specific requirements are added to this standard, which are addressing the requirement of Occupational health and safety management specific to the Purpose and has the very much Practical approach.
The requirements of ISO 45001:2018 is given below, for understanding the OH & S requirement
Context of the organization
- Understanding the organization and its context – the organization shall determine the Internal and External issues of the organization in context of Occupational health and safety. Review the internal and external issue and regular frequency to address the Risk and mitigate.
- Understanding the needs and expectations of workers and other interested parties – the organization shall determine the needs and expectation of workers , Interested Party , including Legal and other requirements in context of OH&S Management .
- Determining the scope of the OH&S management system
- OH&S management system – >The organization shall establish, implement, maintain and continually improve an OH&S management system, including the processes needed and their interactions, in accordance with the requirements of this document.
Leadership and worker participation
Leadership and commitment –
As the requirement the top Management of the organization shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the OH&S management System – By himself
Taking the overall responsibility and accountability , By Establishing OH& S policy and objectives , Integrating the OH& S Management system with organization’s Business process, , Ensuring the resources availability , By establishing the Role , Responsibility and Authority of personal in organization as different level of function in the organization, Supporting and promoting the Team for continual improvement . Taking the Leadership for OH & S Hazard identification, Risk analysis and establishing the Operational control, monitoring the OH & S Performance of the organization. Protecting workers from reprisals when reporting incidents, hazards, risks and opportunities. Also ensuring that effective implementation of OH & S Management System
Top Management shall develop and implement the OH & S Policy of the organization with commitments of
- provide safe and healthy working conditions and Prevention Ill Health and Injury
- fulfill legal requirements and other requirements
- eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks
- continual improvement of the OH&S management system
- consultation and participation of workers
Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities –
Establishing and communicating the Role Responsibility and authority of each person of the organization with context of OH & S Managements System,
- Determining the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Establishing the OH&S policy
- Assigning organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Determining how to fulfill legal requirements and other requirements
- Establishing OH&S objectives and planning to achieve them
- Determining applicable controls for outsourcing, procurement and contractors
- Identifying hazards and assessing risks and opportunities
- Determining actions to eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks
- Internal and External Communication
Actions to address risks and opportunities
As per the requirement of this clause theorganization shall do the Risk analysis and address the Risk and Opportunity.
Where organization shall
Established the Risk analysis procedure / Methodology and Criteria of Risk analysis.
While the Risk analysis the flowing shall be considered
- Internal and External Issues
- Needs and Expectations of workers and Interested Party
- Legal and other requirements
- OHS Hazards
Hazard identification and assessment of risks and opportunities
Organization shall establish the Process of OH&S Hazard Identification in the organization and its vicinity which are potential to Harm/Ill Health/ Injury at workplace.
Assessment of OH&S risks and other risks to the OH&S management system
- Assess OH&S risks from the identified hazards
- Review the effectiveness of existing controls and if necessary take action to further improve the controls
Assessment of OH&S opportunities and other opportunities for the OH&S management system
- Opportunities to adapt work, work organization and work environment to workers
- Opportunities to eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks
- Other opportunities for improving the OH&S management system
Determination of legal requirements and other requirements
- Identify the Applicable Legal and other Requirements
- Prepare the Legal Register
- Keep up to date the Legal register / Requirements
- retain documented information on its legal requirements
OH&S objectives and planning to achieve them
- Monitor the OH & S Objective
- Take action Plan to achieve the OH & S Objective
- Make sure that OH & S objective are consistent with OH &S Policy of the Organization.
Maintain the documented information as evidence of competence.
Provide the awareness training to workers
OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
Incidents and the outcomes of investigations
Hazards, OH&S risks and actions determined
Ability to remove themselves from work situations that they consider present an imminent and serious danger to their life or health
Protecting them from undue consequences for doing so
Internal and External Communication
Established the system for Internal and External communication
This requirement is similar to the Requirement of ISO 9001:2015, control of Documents and Control of Records.
Operational planning and control
- Establish criteria for Operational control and Monitoring
- Maintain the Operational control document
Eliminating hazards and reducing OH&S risks
- Eliminate the hazard
- Use engineering controls
- Use administrative controls
- Use adequate personal protective equipment
Management of change
When there is change in the Organization or surroundings, take in to accounts of following
- Any Change to Legal and other requirements affected or required – If Yes take action and Implement the Controls
- Any Change in OH & S Hazards and Risk – evaluate and take action
- Change in Technology – Develop the Knowledge
This is a New Requirements added to this Standard with reference to OHSAS 18001. Where requirements has focused on Contractor and Outsourcing
While selecting the Contractor organization shall consider the following
- Capability of Contractor meeting the organization’s OH & S Management System Requirements.
- contractors’ activities and operations that impact the organization
- organization’s activities and operations that impact the contractors’ workers
- contractors’ activities and operations that impact other interested parties
While Outsourcing organization shall consider the following
- Capability of outsourced organization to meet the organization’s OH & S Management System Requirements.
- Meeting the Legal requirements
- Type of Controls on Outsourced organization
Emergency preparedness and response
It is similar requirement as pervious.
- Identification of Potential Emergency Situation
- Establishing the Preparedness of each Emergency Situation
- Define the Frequency for Testing / Evaluation/ Review of Preparedness
- Maintain the Record of Periodic Verification
Monitoring, measurement, analysis and performance evaluation
It is a requirement for Monitoring and measurements of OH & S performance of the Organization
Where Organization shall
- Decide what is to be monitored for OH &S Performance
- Established the Criteria for Monitoring and measurement
- Established the methods for Monitoring and measurement
- Set the Frequency for Monitoring and measurement
- Maintain the Record of Monitoring and Measurement
- Including Maintenance and Calibration of Equipments
Evaluation of compliance
It is similar requirements of OHSAS, where organization has to ensure that compliance of Legal and other requirements. By
- Establishing the Frequency of Evaluation of Compliance
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of its compliance status with legal requirements and otherrequirements
- Retain documented information of the compliance evaluation result
It is similar requirement of ISO 9001:2015, where organization shall do the Internal Audit at Planned Interval.
- Established Internal Audit Criteria.
- Internal Audit Program
- Select the Competent Internal Auditor for Internal Audit
- Retain documented information as evidence of the implementation of the audit programme and the audit results.
- Conduct the Management Review meeting at at planned intervals, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- All the Review Inputs to be considered for Management review meeting
- Output of the Management review meeting shall be recorded
- Retain the results of Management Review Meeting
Incident, nonconformity and corrective action
The organization shall establish, implement and maintain a process(s), including reporting, investigating and taking action, to determine and manage incidents and nonconformities.
The organization shall continually improve the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the OH&S management system, by:
- Enhancing OH&S performance
- Promoting a culture that supports an OH&S management system
- Promoting the participation of workers
- Communicating the relevant results of continual improvement to workers
- Retaining documented information as evidence of continual improvement
Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification
- Determining the hazards and risks linked with activities included in OH&S and eliminating or minimizing their potential effect.
- Development and implementation of OH&S policy and objectives
- Ensuring workers get involved actively in OHS matters
- Establishment of systematic processes that are considered to be in context and those that take into account the opportunities, risks and legal/ other requirements
- Improving the ability of your company to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- Reduction in overall costs of incidents
- Reduced downtime and costs of disruption in operations
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased employee turnover
- Recognition of International Standard
Steps of ISO 45001 Certification
This is the initial assessment, where it is determined that the mandatory requirements of ISO 45001 are being met and if the management system is capable enough to proceed to stage 2.
Stage 2- Audit
This is the second stage of assessment where the effectiveness of the system is determined to confirm that the management system is being implemented and effective.
Recommendation for ISO 45001 Certification
During this stage it is reviewed if any corrective measures need to be taken, also the findings of stage 1 & 2 are assessed. After all the confirmation is done, the certification may be given.
The files of the Organization are reviewed by an independent Auditor /Team and then the decision for providing the certification is made.
Award of Certification – Final Step
Successful reviews result in certification for the client that is the certificates are issued to them.
Reasons for Selecting us
- Experience in this field for over 15 years
- We help more 350 organizations (ranging from top brands to start-ups)
- Our Certification services are valid worldwide
- We don’t only give reviews but also provide value added audit findings
- Our knowledge can transform your business
- We are an Accredited ISO Certification Body in Delhi